Monday, September 28, 2015

Aber Day 9 -11

This will just be a quick update because I wanted to show everyone some pictures I took.

Saturday night I hiked to the top of Constitution Hill to watch the sunset. It was very beautiful to see. I was told that on a clear night, you could see Ireland, but it must have needed to be more clear than it was. I will put the pictures at the end of this post, but it was so beautiful to see the town down beneath and to see out onto the water. I could also see the next town over. It was just amazing. It was amazing how green the hills are. The pictures do not do the view justice.

On Sunday, I went to the shooting range with the Clay Pigeon Shooting Club. The range was an hour away, which is not very fun on a minibus. When we got to the range, I finally saw my first corn field in Wales! Around Aber there is nothing but sheep fields because there are hills and mountains everywhere. I also finally saw a proper tractor in Wales. I was a New Holland T7 or T8, not sure which because it was kind of far away, but it was cultivating a field. I have to admit that I stared at it for a while. I know it is harvest time back home, which is my favorite time of the year. This is the first time in about 10 years that I have not taken part in driving a tractor or combine. It is very sad for me. Anyway back to the shooting. We went around to different stations where the pigeons flew from all sorts of directions at us. It was pretty fun. It is not like shooting trap. These pigeons are flying in all different directions from many different spots and angles.

This morning was first class. Yes, you read that correct. Classes are just now starting! The class is called Food, Farming, and the Environment. I think it will be a good class. I will definitely get to see how agriculture is different here from back in the United States. My schedule seems so light compared to what I am used to expect from Purdue. I only spend 11 hours a week in class. 11 hours would be about a day and a half of classes back at Purdue, so I will have a lot more free time here compared to back home.

Well that is all for now!
Matt





















No comments:

Post a Comment