Monday, September 21, 2015

Aber Days 2-4



There has been a lot going on lately here at Aber! So after we woke up on Saturday morning, we got brekfast at the hotel and then set off to find the campus to drop my bags off. Shortly after we started off, I realized it was a ten minute car ride not a ten minute walk. I had been warned about the hill, so we decided to get a cab! When we got to the top I picked up my ID card and room key and went to my room! Kinda small but it's not too bad! Much different than the states. Over here I have 7 other roommates (4 American, 1 Czech Republic, and 2 Chinese) that all share 2 bathrooms, 2 showers, and a kitchen. After I sat my stuff down we went around campus a bit, found a sale that sold cookware, and then headed down the hill into town. Sarah and Peggy found a lot of clothing shops they stopped into! Aber is a really neat little town. There is a lot of little shops along the road and not many cars which is really nice. I had to go find bedding so we did that as well. Sarah and I made the climb up the hill, which was not fun at all. We stopped to take a break twice in the way up. We dropped off the stuff I bought then headed back down so Sarah and Peggy could catch their bus and continue their vacation before Sarah stats school in another week! It was really hard to say goodbye to her, but it's good to know that I will be able to see her soon! For the rest of the day I just kind of unpacked and got things organized. 

Yeaterday, all the exchange students went to a presentation in the morning to give us a little background on the college and kind of what to expect. In the afternoon I was finally able to do laundry! I just kind of hung out with some of the other flatmates then called it a night. 

Today isn't the best weatherwise. It was cold this morning and now it can't decide if it wants to rain or not. After I woke up, there was a trade fair where local businesses were on campus to try to get students to come to their business by giving out free stuff an coupons. At noon, I had a meeting with my advisor here with other exchange students. He gave us a tour of the building I will most likely be spending most of my time. Here shortly I will meet with him one-on-one to pick my classes. 


Here are some pictures from the first day in Aber!





















No comments:

Post a Comment