Sunday, October 11, 2015

Aber Week 3

10/11/15

It is the end of the second week of school here at Aberystwyth and here is a little bit of what has been happening.

Last Sunday, I went shooting again. Got to shoot 50 shots this time. I think I did better but I still have a long way to go to catch up with some of the other members. Classes still seem to be going well. I finally got my first assignment on Friday, however it is not due until the end of November! I have a couple of field trips next week. One is to a farm and the other I am not really sure. Yesterday (Saturday) myself and a few other people from my room went down to Cardiff. Cardiff is the capital of Wales. We started out the morning at 6:40 at the bust station. After a three and a half hour bus ride, we finally made it to Cardiff. We walked around the Cardiff Castle, Cardiff Bay, and Millennium Stadium, which is where part of the rugby world cup is being played. The castle was really neat. It was part of a bunker to help protect people during WWII when they were getting bombed. There was also an elaborate house in the middle of the castle. The bay was really neat to see. To get there, we had to walk through a really shady part of town, but once we got near the bay it got a lot better. There was a few boats around, along with a tall ship. We went to the Dr. Who experience. I believe this was more geared toward little kids. We ate at an American diner while at the bay. We also got to walk around Millennium Stadium. This place was huge. There was a game going on that night which was Wales against Australia. As we were walking around the town looking for a place to watch the game, every pub was packed with people watch the game. There was just so many people around! After the game was over, everyone was out wondering the street, going in and out of pubs. We ate at a Pizza Hut and then headed back to Aber. It was a long, but very nice day!

That's all for now!
Matt

























No comments:

Post a Comment